Who are we?
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT and Corporate Finance specialists based in Loughton, operating for a variety of clients in various sectors throughout Essex and Northeast London.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 11 Partners, our work is uniquely integrated covering the full spectrum of a business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for over 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
We understand that university isn’t for everyone and believe that everyone has something to offer. We are committed to providing opportunities for people of all ages that have a strong desire to build a career within Accountancy. The AAT Trainee will be responsible for assisting with accounts preparation work within the BSG team. Responsibilities will increase in line with experience and progression with AAT exams.
- Assist in preparing accounts for clients – sole traders, Limited Companies and Groups of Companies.
- Carry out specific parts of accounts assignments either in the office or at client’s premises using Haslers’ IT systems and ensuring processes are adhered to.
- Assisting with direct and indirect taxes including corporation tax and personal tax.
- Preparation of VAT returns for clients, under the supervision of more senior staff.
- Check-in and return client books and documents.
- Liaising with clients, answering queries either in person, by phone or email, ensuring the firm’s standards are adhered to.
- Scanning of client records and documents.
- Filing of accounts.
- Keeping own timesheets and recording onto CCH.
- Assist in other departments where required.
- Any other tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points.
- Minimum of Grade 6 or above in GCSE Maths and English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as is an organised approach to tasks and strong attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills.
- Willingness to study for the AAT examinations is essential.
What We can Offer You
- Excellent opportunities to work across industry sectors in a well-respected growing Accountancy Firm.
- Flexible working & a strong ethos to support staff wellbeing and work/life balance.
- Opportunity to get involved in Firm wide social, charitable, and environmental initiatives.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid Birthday Day off
- Paid Volunteering Day.
- 25 days holiday entitlement, which increases with length of service.
- There is potential to pursue a further professional accountancy qualification beyond AAT for the right candidate.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Haslers is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
All information submitted to Haslers will be treated in line with GDPR regulations.