Audit Placement (Start 2023)
TITLE: Audit Placement (Start 2023)
REPORTING LINE: Audit Manager
Who are we?
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT and Corporate Finance specialists based in Loughton, operating for a variety of clients in various sectors throughout Essex and North East London.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 9 Partners, our work is uniquely integrated covering the full spectrum of a business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for over 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected Accountancy firm on a one-year placement open to students in their 2nd Year of a 4 year Accounting and Finance Degree. Candidates will be given every opportunity to immerse themselves in Audit and Accounting including client site visits.
• Attend audits and complete assigned tasks e.g. testing, stock-takes
• Carry out accounts preparation work for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
• Analysis and reconciliation work • Assist in the preparation of VAT returns for clients
• Liaise with clients in person, by telephone and by e-mail
Who We are Looking For?
• A minimum of 3 C’s at A Level
• Currently in the second year of an Accounting & Finance degree
• Proven achievement of minimum 2:2 level degree so far
• A “can do” attitude, first class communication skills & the ability to work to deadlines is crucial
What We can Offer You
• Excellent opportunities to work across industry sectors in a well-respected growing Accountancy
• Structured on the job training programme.
• Flexible working & a strong ethos to support staff wellbeing and work/life balance
• Opportunity to get involved in Firm wide social, charitable and environmental initiatives
• Competitive salary and benefits including
o Wellbeing allowance of £350
o Birthday off
o Volunteering day
o Pension scheme- Employer pension scheme, Haslers contribution increases with length of service
o Great holiday allowance which increases with length of service
Click on the Apply button to complete an online application for the above position. All information submitted to Haslers will be treated in line with GDPR regulations. Haslers is an equal opportunities employer.