Who Are We?
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT and specialists based in Loughton, operating for a variety of clients in various sectors throughout Essex and North East London.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 9 Partners, our work is uniquely integrated covering the full spectrum of a business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for over 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
The Audit Senior will be an integral part of the Business Services team, carrying out audit (around 90%) and accounts (around 10%) assignments across a wide range of industries. The Senior is expected to be involved in all aspects of the assignments from planning to preparing a high quality completed file for manager or partner review.
- Planning Assignment, including the preparation/updating of the permanent file and briefing the team & preparing the audit assignment papers and budgets.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Completing the audit programmes. Where applicable, contacting the client to arrange the timing of the assignments and attendance at stock-takes etc.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax or Income Tax computations
- Managing the team whilst out on site to ensure team produces high quality work, are motivated to achieve high standards
- Presenting the Audit Manager with a complete assignment file with minimal review points & Clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts.
- Accounts package drafted (letters/minutes/certificates etc)
- Management Letter points.
- Liaise with the Tax Department and deal with any queries raised.
- To be aware of developments concerning client affairs and to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Cross sell other Haslers’ services to clients to contribute to incremental fee income for the Firm.
- Any other task as reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the job and the department
Who We are Looking For
- Qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence.
- Solid audit experience (min 75% of current role) on a mix of clients (corporate, charities, FSA etc).
- Experience within a Mid Tier Practice essential (min 5 Partner Firm)
- Knowledge of current UK GAAP accounting standards essential.
- Highly IT literate including Sage and Caseware experience an advantage
- First class communication skills and the ability to supervise and lead a team would be essential.
What We can Offer You
- Excellent career opportunities in a well-respected growing Accountancy Organisation.
- Structured on the Job and sponsored training programmes and continuous personal development.
- Flexible/Agile working & a strong Ethos to support wellbeing
- Prospects for promotion to Partnership could be available for outstanding candidates
- Opportunity to get involve in various social, charitable and environmental initiatives
- Competitive salary and benefits including
- Wellbeing allowance of £350
- Birthday off
- Volunteering day
- Pension scheme- Employer pension scheme, Haslers contribution increases with length of service
- Great holiday allowance which increases with length of service
All information submitted to Haslers will be treated in line with GDPR regulations. Haslers is an equal opportunities employer.