Head of Marketing
Who Are We?
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT and Corporate Finance based in Loughton, operating for a variety of clients in various sectors throughout Essex and Northeast London.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 11 Partners, our work is uniquely integrated covering the full spectrum of a business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for over 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for developing and delivering innovative marketing and business development strategies to increase fee income and brand awareness to support the firm’s growth targets and to enhance the client experience.
- Planning, developing, and implementing integrated marketing campaigns across the Firm’s various fee earning streams.
- Identification with Partners of new business streams, sector lines and cross selling initiatives with suggested ideas for Business Development activity.
- Keep up to date with overall business trends and identify networking opportunities for self and partners/managers to attend.
- Set up and attend monthly meetings with each department to agree Business Development priorities.
- Effective use of digital and social media channels to communicate with existing clients, potential clients and enhance Haslers’ brand.
- Ensure all client and potential client enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Organising events for clients/potential clients including seminars, hospitality events and training sessions.
- Management of the firms PR campaign both in print and social media.
- Ongoing development, maintenance, and quality control of the Firm’s website to raise the profile of Haslers.
- Management and development of the Firm’s client marketing database.
- Preparation of presentations for pitches to potential clients.
- Preparation of tender documents and surveys as requested.
- Attending networking functions, seminars, conferences, and business meetings as a representative of Haslers.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with business connections such as local business groups, banks, solicitors etc.
- To develop relationships with external organisations that can promote the Firm to their members via social media, e-shots, and events.
- Management of 3rd party marketing consultancy to ensure focussed delivery, high quality service and value for money achieved.
- Assist third party agency, where appropriate with design, copywriting, production, distribution, and quality control of all marketing materials.
- Management of all telemarketing activities both internally and externally via the Firm’s third-party agency.
- Management of the departmental budget and carry out evaluation of spend.
- Management, development and mentoring of the Business Development Executive.
- To provide ad-hoc marketing advice and consultancy services to clients.
- Ad-hoc tasks as and when required to ensure the smooth running of the team.
Who We are Looking For
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing management role within professional services.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence at a senior level.
- Drive, enthusiasm, and sound commercial awareness.
- Willing to challenge, question and be flexible to adapt to meet business requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead, prioritise and manage conflicting demands.
- Resilience and tenacity – able to remain effective and focussed under pressure and able to overcome obstacles.
- Self-starter, be able to work on own initiative and be proactive in developing own ideas.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English.
What We can Offer You
- Excellent career opportunities in a well-respected growing Accountancy Organisation.
- Hybrid and Agile working
- Prospects for promotion to Partnership are available for outstanding candidates.
- Opportunity to get involve in various social, charitable, and environmental initiatives.
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension.
- Great holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Paid birthday day off
- Paid Volunteering Day
- Generous wellbeing allowance
Click here to complete an online application for the above position.