TITLE: Insolvency Cashier/Administrator
REPORTING LINE: Reporting to the Insolvency Partner
Who Are We?
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT, HR, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency specialists based in Loughton, supporting clients in various sectors throughout Essex and London to help their businesses grow.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 10 Partners, we have a real desire to be #intentionally different in the way we work with our clients covering the full spectrum of their business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for almost 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
The role of Insolvency Cashier and Administration is an all-round supporting role for the Insolvency team, they will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Partners, Managers and staff within the Insolvency team.
- Overseeing all outward payments for the department, obtaining authorisation and contacting relevant banking provider to ensure payments are made in a timely manner
- Dealing with all payment received, producing documentation to record all payments and ensuring that they are properly recorded within IPS
- Maintaining integrity of IPS by ensuring that all payments and receipts are posted in accordance with departmental policies
- Carrying out bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Overseeing monthly Bond submission to ICEAW
- Drafting, submitting and chasing reclaims for VAT
- E-Filing of statutory documents at Companies House and Court
- Company & Land Registry searches and carrying out research
- Setting up new instructions internally, opening case files and carrying out pre-appointment checks
- Ad hoc administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department, to include assisting with mail out of reports.
Who We are Looking For?
- Previous experience of working in a restructuring & insolvency cashiering/admin role preferable but not essential
- Experience in a supportive or administrative financial environment an advantage
- Demonstrable prioritisation, organisation and planning skills
- Solid numerical skills with excellent attention to detail
- A team player with a flexible and “can do attitude” to work, can show initiative and will work independently with minimal supervision over time.
- Logical problem-solving capability
- IT Skills: Competent use of Excel and Word essential. Knowledge of IPS, CCH, VC an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English to a high standard
What We can Offer You
- You will be given responsibility at an early stage in line with your experience
- Structured on the Job training
- Flexible working & a strong Ethos to support your wellbeing
- Opportunity to get involved in various social, charitable and environmental initiatives
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension and bonus
Click to apply for this position. Your data will be held in line with GDPR regulations. Haslers are an equal opportunities employer.