Reporting to the Audit Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
The Audit Senior will carry out audit (around 90%) and accounts (around 10%) assignments as allocated by the Audit Manager.
The Senior is expected to be involved in all aspects of the assignments from planning to preparing a high quality completed file for manager or partner review.
- Planning the Assignment, including the preparation/updating of the permanent file and briefing the team.
- Preparing the audit assignment papers and budgets.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Completing the audit programmes. Where applicable, contacting the client to arrange the timing of the assignments and attendance at stocktakes etc.
- Preparing bank and other certificates.
- Attending stock-takes.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax or Income Tax computations
- Controlling the assignments and ensuring that each section of the assignment is completed within the agreed budget. Reporting to the appropriate manager at once if circumstances arise that may mean the agreed budget will be exceeded.
- Managing the team whilst out on site to ensure team produces high quality work, are motivated to achieve high standards and that end of job appraisals are carried out for the team.
- Presenting the Audit Manager with a complete assignment file with minimal review points.
- Accounts package drafted (letters/minutes/certificates etc)
- Detailed costing of time budget
- Management Letter points.
- To clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts.
- To keep time records up to date on a day-to-day basis and complete timesheets on CCH
- To liaise with Tax Department and deal with any queries raised.
- Keep technically up to date
- To be aware of developments concerning client affairs and to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Cross sell other Haslers’ services to clients to contribute to incremental fee income for the Firm.
- Any other task as reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the job and the department
The BSG Audit Senior will be a qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence including solid audit experience (min 75% of current role)on a mix of clients (corporate, charities, FSA etc).
Experience within a Mid Tier Practice essential (min 5 Partner Firm)
Applicants must be a car owner – owing to the location of our client base
Knowledge of current UK GAAP accounting standards essential.
Highly IT literate including Sage and Caseware experience an advantage
First class communication skills and the ability to supervise and manage a team essential.
To apply, please send applications to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies
Haslers is a dynamic, award winning Firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers and Tax Consultants with 13 Partners. As a result of providing first class service to clients from our high calibre professional team of staff, we have established ourselves as a leading mid Tier firm.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
Working for Haslers means that you will be given the opportunity to realise your potential and be more than just a number. From an early stage you will be exposed to a mix of accounts and audit work across a range of industry sectors. Our dedication to the professional development of our team is demonstrated through our technical, personal skills and IT training and
performance management process to track development. You will be provided with full study support to complete your ACA exams.
- Attend audits and complete assigned tasks e.g. testing, stock-takes
- Carry out accounts preparation work for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Analysis and reconciliation work
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns for clients
- Liaising with clients in person, by telephone and by email
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Applicants must have 300 UCAS points (old tariff) or 120 UCAS points (new tariff) – General Studies and AS levels are not accepted
- a minimum of a 2(ii) degree
- Work experience within a Finance role is preferred
- A “can do” attitude, first class communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines is crucial
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction and be a car owner
- Modern, open plan office working in a multi-cultural team
- Located two minutes from Loughton (Central Line) tube and 10 minutes drive from the M25, M11 and A406
- Close to lively High Street with shops, restaurants and bars
- Regular social events for a chance to interact with colleagues outside of work
- An opportunity to be involved in Haslers Foundation
All applications for Audit Trainee roles (graduate entry) are administered through our recruitment partner – SWAT UK. Please apply directly to SWAT UK by clicking here and state you are interested in applying to work at Haslers.
Please note that as part of our recruitment process, information supplied to us in CVs, application forms and other documentation relating to recruitment, may be shared with SWAT UK.
Strictly no agencies