Care home businesses may currently be facing challenging times, but increasing life expectancy, and the resulting growth in the UK’s older population, suggest that the future will hold new opportunities in the sector.
Ensuring that businesses are in the best financial health now – including from a tax perspective – means that care homes will sharpen their competitive edge and be ready to develop, grow and take advantage of future developments in the care marketplace.
Our tax specialists are experienced in working with care home businesses of all sizes, from small, privately owned operations to large corporate groups.
Whether we are advising on ongoing compliance issues or on standalone tax matters, our focus is to maximise tax efficiency and identify opportunities that will benefit businesses now and in the future.
By working with us, care home operators will be able to build tax efficiency and planning into their long-term strategy for taking their businesses forward.
The support Haslers provides
Our dedicated Tax Consultancy team provides comprehensive tax expertise to support businesses in the care homes sector to meet their compliance requirements while operating tax efficiently.
Some of the key issues we deal with for care home clients are listed below, but we can offer support and guidance on all aspects of tax.
- Business structures – advice on putting in place the most appropriate and tax-efficient business structure
- Personal, partnership and corporate taxes – ongoing advice for compliance and tax-efficiency
- VAT – specialist advice on all aspects of VAT, including obtaining VAT refunds for your business
- Capital allowances – advice on tax relief on expenditure on plant and machinery/fixtures for the care home business
- Acquistions and disposals – including tax-efficient borrowing and mitigating capital gains tax on the sale of a business
Our tax specialists offer comprehensive expertise and experience that enable our clients to deal effectively with current tax issues and plan ahead to maximise tax efficiency. To find out what we can do for you and your business, contact Jon O’Shea, Paul Reynolds, Debra Dougal or Laurence Jacobs.