With construction and property projects involving substantial sums, businesses can pay a high price for poor quality advice on complex tax and VAT issues.
At Haslers, we have years of experience in providing strategic tax and other advice to enable developers, builders and investors to maximise the value of any property transaction.
Our tax specialists work with property and construction clients – from start-ups to substantial companies – on a wide range of projects, with clients also benefiting from access to our wider team of accountants, business advisers and corporate finance specialists, for a holistic service.
Our tax team can advise not only on ongoing tax issues but our involvement at an early stage of a project ensures that tax issues are considered as an integral part of pre-planning to achieve maximum tax efficiency while minimising the possibility of potentially costly errors or oversights.
The support Haslers provides
Our dedicated Tax Consultancy team provides comprehensive tax expertise to support property and construction businesses to meet their compliance requirements while operating tax efficiently.
Some of the key issues we deal with for property and construction clients are listed below, but we can offer support and guidance on all aspects of tax.
- Business structures – advising on putting in place the most appropriate and tax-efficient business structure
- Personal and corporate tax – ongoing advice and support for compliance and tax-efficiency
- VAT – advice on all aspects of VAT, including the option to tax and the VAT capital goods scheme
- Capital allowances – advice on tax relief on property-related plant and machinery/fixtures
- Stamp Duty Land Tax – including pre-planning and structuring of transactions
- Capital gains tax – maximising tax efficiency on the sale of a business
Our tax specialists offer comprehensive expertise and experience that enable our clients to deal effectively with current tax issues and plan ahead to maximise tax efficiency. To find out what we can do for you and your business, contact Jon O’Shea, Paul Reynolds, Debra Dougal, Laurence Jacobs or Lawrence Shafier.