Running a successful veterinary practice is challenging, demanding as it requires the ability to deliver first class medical and surgical services, and quality customer care, but also the skills needed to run a competitive, profitable business.
At Haslers, we are experienced in working with veterinary practices of all sizes and structures, providing advice on tax compliance as well as broader tax planning issues.
Whether we are assisting veterinary practice owners and managers in meeting ongoing tax obligations or advising on stand-alone tax matters, our focus is to maximise tax efficiency and identify opportunities that will benefit businesses now and in the future.
By working with us, vets will be able to build tax efficiency and planning into their long-term strategy for taking their businesses forward as we use our knowledge of the sector and our tax expertise to provide proactive and effective advice.
The support Haslers provides
Our dedicated Tax Consultancy team provides comprehensive tax expertise to support veterinary practices to meet their compliance requirements while operating tax efficiently.
Some of the key issues we deal with for veterinary practice clients are listed below, but we can offer support and guidance on all aspects of tax.
- Business structures – advice on putting in place the most appropriate and tax-efficient business structure
- Personal, partnership and corporate taxes – ongoing advice for compliance and tax-efficiency
- Advice on tax-efficient remuneration
- Assistant and locum personal tax services
- Capital allowances – advice on claims for veterinary practice equipment and building work
- VAT – specialist advice on all aspects of VAT
- Tax planning – advice on minimising liabilities through the use of allowances
- Acquistions, mergers and disposals – including tax-efficient borrowing and mitigating capital gains tax on the sale of a business
Our tax specialists offer comprehensive expertise and experience that enable our clients to deal effectively with current tax issues and plan ahead to maximise tax efficiency. To find out what we can do for you and your business, contact Jon O’Shea, Paul Reynolds or Debra Dougal.