TITLE: Tax Assistant
REPORTING LINE: Reporting to the Tax Manager
Who Are We?
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT, HR, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency specialists based in Loughton, supporting clients in various sectors throughout Essex and London to help their businesses grow.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 10 Partners, we have a real desire to be #intentionally different in the way we work with our clients covering the full spectrum of their business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for almost 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
This is an entry level position; the Tax Assistant will be asked to provide the Tax team with administrative support while developing their skills and knowledge within the tax environment.
• Provide assistance to the tax department on a diverse and interesting mix of tax related projects.
• Assist in responding to third party queries including HMRC.
• Track tasks and report on status to partners and managers, ensure all files remain in good order
• Communicate effectively with clients to obtain relevant information.
• Liaise with managers and partners and working closely with a supportive team,
• Any other administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department
Who We are Looking For
• A’ level qualifications grade A-C
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English to a high standard
• Confidence to build internal and external relationships
• Numerate and basic computer literacy
• Enthusiastic, willing to develop and a good team player
• An interest in developing a career within Tax
What We can Offer You
• Excellent career opportunities in a well-respected growing Accountancy Organisation.
• Structured on the Job and sponsored training programmes
• Flexible working & a strong Ethos to support wellbeing
• Prospects for promotion available for outstanding candidates
• Opportunity to get involve in various social, charitable and environmental initiatives
• Competitive salary and benefits including pension and bonus
Click to apply for this position. Your data will be held in line with GDPR regulations. Haslers are an equal opportunities employer.