Reporting to the Tax and other Partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
The Tax Consultant is responsible for dealing with the larger and more complex cases within the tax practice, research, and dissemination within the department of technical issues.
- To review returns and work prepared by other group members.
- Client, tax authority and third party liaison by post, telephone and fax in accordance with Haslers standards.
- To research detailed technical matters and report thereon
- Conduct client and tax authority meetings. (HMRC or Contributions Agency.)
- Prepare and conduct presentations to clients, guests and staff
- Internal training of department and BSG staff and partners.
- Management of WIP and debtors. Keep time records up to date
- Keep technically up to date.
- To contribute to the firm’s practice development.
- To report to the Partners, details of any outstanding work when they are due to be away from the office for any reason.
A trained Tax Manager, with ATT/CTA qualification or qualified by experience. The consultant must have the ability to manage staff, work with minimal supervision, conduct meetings and presentations and keep client portfolio work up to date, dealing also with the associated admin.