LAST CHANCE TO JOIN THE VAT DEFERRAL PAYMENT SCHEME BEFORE THE DEADLINE OF 21 JUNE 2021
If you deferred VAT Payments due between 20 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 you now have three options:
- Pay the deferred VAT in full now
- Join the VAT Deferral Payment Scheme by the deadline of 21 June 2021
- Contact HMRC if you need additional time to pay
Please note you will be charged a 5% penalty and interest if you do not pay in full or make an arrangement by 30 June 2021.
VAT Deferral Scheme
If you join the scheme before 21 June 2021 you will be able to spread your payment over 8 equal monthly instalments.
You can join the scheme online using the following link – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/deferral-of-vat-payments-due-to-coronavirus-covid-19. Unfortunately, agents are unable to join the scheme on behalf of clients.
Please note, before joining you must:
- Have your VAT number to hand
- Create your own Gov Gateway account (if you do not already have one)
- Ensure any outstanding VAT Returns have been submitted
- Make sure you know how much you owe, including the amount you originally deferred and how much you may have already paid.
- Be in a position to pay your first instalment by direct debit immediately
Should you require any further assistance with the above, please do not hesitate to contact Debra Dougal (VAT Partner) or Kyle Toby (VAT Manager), contact details of which can be found below.
0208 418 3426
0208 418 3411
VAT DEFERRAL PAYMENT SCHEME
Why not follow us on social media to be kept up to date with our latest industry updates.