Who Are We?
Haslers are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, Business Advisers, Tax, VAT and Corporate Finance specialists based in Loughton, operating for a variety of clients in various sectors throughout Essex and North East London.
As a complete financial service centre comprising 9 Partners, our work is uniquely integrated covering the full spectrum of a business lifecycle. As such our clients grow with us – for over 70 years we have been committed to providing high quality, personal bespoke services to help businesses prosper.
The Accounts Senior will be responsible for preparing client accounts across a wide range of sectors for manager or partner review.
- Producing accounts for clients (Limited companies, sold traders, partnerships, LLLPs, Charities and groups)
- Be the key “face of Haslers” for the client and ensure first class client service provided at all times
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Supervising the team to ensure they produce high quality work, are motivated to achieve high standards and that end of job appraisals are carried out for the team.
- Liaising with outsourcing company where jobs have been outsourced.
- Presenting the Accounts/Audit Manager with a complete set of accounts with minimal queries
- Accounts package drafted (disclosures/letters/minutes/certificates etc)
- Detailed costing of time budget
- To clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts.
- To keep time records up to date on a day-to-day basis and complete timesheets on CCH
- To liaise with Tax Department and deal with any queries raised.
- Keep technically up to date
- To be aware of developments concerning client affairs and to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Cross sell other Haslers’ services to clients to contribute to incremental fee income for the Firm.
- Any other task as reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the job and the department
Who We are Looking For
- Qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence.
- Proven experience of Statutory accounts and management accounts within Practice essential
- Demonstrable experience in client relationship building
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English to a high standard
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong IT skills with experience with Xero, CaseWare, Sage and CCH an advantage
- Candidates must have a car & a clean driving licence
What We can Offer You
- Excellent career opportunities in a well-respected growing Accountancy Firm
- Flexible/Agile working & a strong Ethos to support wellbeing
- Prospects for promotion to Partnership could be available for outstanding candidates
- Opportunity to get involve in various social, charitable, and environmental initiatives
- Competitive salary and benefits including
- Wellbeing allowance of £350
- Birthday off
- Volunteering day
- Pension scheme- Employer pension scheme, Haslers contribution increases with length of service
- Great holiday allowance which increases with length of service
Click on the APPLY button to complete an online application for the above position.
All information submitted to Haslers will be treated in line with GDPR regulations. Haslers is an equal opportunities employer.